Charity Auction – Spay and Neuter KC (SNKC)
We are Kansas City’s only community outreach program whose mission is to end pet homelessness through preventative services. Our goal is to keep pets out of the shelters, off the streets, and in their homes. We focus on positive outcomes for all pets and the people who love them.
We pride ourselves in acknowledging our diverse community with a non-judgmental and compassionate approach. Our programs target families who need assistance with education, wellness and resources to help their pets live a long, healthy and happy life.
- Saving Lives – Saving lives by eliminating unwanted litters and pet homelessness.
- Reducing shelter intake – Reducing the amount of pets entering the shelter system.
- Improving Living Conditions – Improving the quality of life for area pets.
- Increasing Pet Retention – Increasing pet retention by keeping animals in their homes with the owners who love them
- Saving Money – Saving local municipalities from incurring future cost
- Impacting the Community – Making long term impacts for pets in our community
Our success depends on the support of our community, clients and generous donors who support our programs to help save lives.
- SNKC focuses on 12 zip codes in KCMO Urban Core and 2 in KCKS– These zip codes are responsible for nearly 80% of animal control calls.
- Nearly 100,000 spay and neuter surgeries have been performed since 2002.
- Over 20,000 pets are served by our organization each year.
- Your support helps provide approximately 10,000 spay neuter surgeries each year for low income pet owners.
- Nearly 8,000 pets are vaccinated annually through our wellness clinics.
- YOUR support to provide above services have led to a reduction in shelter intake and share in the successes of the community (1.2M) reaching a 90% live release rate from all community shelters.
1116 E. 59th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110
Food Drive for Harvesters
Many Pagans observe this time of year as a opportunity to give thanks and blessings — and because of that, it is also recognized as a good time to give to those less fortunate than ourselves.
This year we are collecting non-perishable items and other needed items for the Harvesters Food Bank. As a thank you for your donation, you will also be entered into a special raffle for only those that donated to Harvesters.
We are encouraging everyone to bring at least two cans of food to the event! Join us in the Food Fight as we acknowledge the group that brings the most items for our Food Drive.
Harvesters’ mission is to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow. As this area’s only food bank, Harvesters is a clearinghouse for the collection of food and household products from community and industry sources, distributing those products and providing nutrition services through a network of nonprofit agencies, and offering leadership and education programs to increase community awareness of hunger and generate solutions to alleviate hunger.
Their network includes more than 620 nonprofit agencies including emergency food pantries, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes, homes for the mentally disabled and shelters for battered persons. As many as 66,000 different people are provided food assistance each week.
Most Needed Items
Your donation makes a difference! (No glass please!)
Boxed meals – (Hamburger Helper, Pasta Roni)
Cereal – hot and cold
- Toilet Paper
|2017 Donors ($150 +)||
Continuing Contributors (3+ years)
Sheryl Embellished Body
Previous Charities: Hope House (1999,2006), Wayside Waifs (2000), Rose Brooks Center (2002), Solace House (2003), SAFEHOME (2005), Lake Mary Center (2007), Southwest Boulevard Family Health Center (2008), Youth Friends (2009), Dream Factory of Kansas City (2010), Synergy (2012), Operation Wildlife (2013), Furry Kid’s Refuge (2014), KansasCityTypeOne.org (2015), Project Healing Waters (2016), National World War I Memorial Project (2017)